Leader of the Year Award
To submit an entry for Leader of the Year Award, judges will require an essay of 500 words answering the below points plus a brief CV/Bio of the entrant:
ESSAY SHOULD COVER THE SUGGESTED POINTS OUTLINED BELOW:
- Name of the entrant.
- Description of the organisation the entrant works for.
- Reason/s why he/she should be considered for the award.
- Example/s demonstrating exemplary leadership.
- What significant barriers/obstacles had to be overcome? The outcomes he/she achieved and the effect of others.
- The traits that enable him/her to lead (e.g. visionary, articulate, empathetic etcetera).
- What are the external factors that enable him/her as a leader (such as mentors, business opportunities, leadership programs etcetera)?
WHAT ARE THE JUDGES LOOKING FOR?
The judges will be looking for evidence of outstanding leadership from this information and an assessment on how he or she contributes to the organisation, industry sector to which they belong and/or community in which they operate.
Finalists in the Leader of the Year Award will be invited to a formal interview with a judging panel where the entrant has an opportunity to elaborate on their essay and respond to questions from the panel.
Entry deadline 4 pm, 29th September 2017 at the Chamber Office - HBBH, 36 Bridge Street, Ahuriri, Napier