10 in 2 networking sessions are a fun, engaging way to showcase your business, products and how you stand out from your competitors.
10 in 2 presentations are quickfire powerpoint presentations where you present 10 powerpoint slides in two minutes. Slides automatically advance after 12 seconds while you talk to those slides. The result is fun, fast past presentations which last just two minutes each.
There are six to seven presentations every event, with a few minutes at the end of each presentation for audience questions. At the end of the event, there is a networking opportunity.
Audiences find these quick-paced presentations, interesting, informative and entertaining, hence presenters are encouraged to think creatively and outside-the-square.
- Approx six weeks prior to the event: expressions of interest are called for. Please email Karla if you would like to be considered for the next 10 in 2.
- Two-three weeks prior to the event: presenters will be randomly selected by the Chamber. Presenters will be confirmed by email.
- One week prior to the event: presentation slides submitted to Karla with a précis about you or your business.
- Event night: Presenters must be at the venue no later than 15 minutes before the first presentation begins.
CREATIng your presentation
A 10 in 2 presentations is a way to get your business message to your customer in a concise way. It's not about telling your whole story. You should think about creating intrigue, making your audience and potential customers want to find out more.
Things to think about:
- What's your key message?
- Less is more with 10 in 2 Presentations
- What will make the audience remember you and have your message talked about tomorrow around the water cooler?
- Make sure you practise your pitch/presentation
- Images and bullet points are more powerful in your presentation than a lot of words - visual stimulation in that 12 seconds will be remembered, the audience won't have time to read long lists/paragraphs
- If you have spoken to your slide and the next slide hasn't come up, that's okay. Breathe, relax and start again with the slide change.
A FEW RULES
- The presentations must consists of 10 slides (16:9 aspect ratio), which will automatically advance every 12 seconds.
- Presenters are required to submit their powerpoint slides at least one week (five business days) prior to the event.
- Last minute changes cannot be made.
- Please do not set the timings, the event team will do this.
- It is strongly recommended that you practice your presentation and work to the timings.
- A précis should also be supplied, for use by the MC as your introduction.
- The order of presentation will be decided by the Hawkes Bay Chambers Event Manager.
- You are encouraged to apply creativity to your presentation - see 'Creating Your Presentation' above.
- There is a limit of two presenters/speakers per presentation.
- By accepting your presentation opportunity, you agree to do your utmost to deliver an entertaining, rehearsed presentation.
The following are similar short presentation events which may provide creative inspiration for 10 in 2 presentations:
If you would like to register your interest in presenting at our next '10 in 2' please contact Karla at firstname.lastname@example.org