No matter your organisation's size, sector or industry we can support you on your business improvement journey. Our approach is built on the leading edge of validated leadership and performance practice – the internationally renowned New Zealand Business Excellence Foundation and the Baldrige Excellence Framework.
Are you a leader? Or do you know someone who is focused on organisational development, resilience, sustainability while staff look up to them as they lead? If this describes you or someone in business you know then nominates yourself or this outstanding person for the Leader of the Year Award.
The PAN PAC Hawke's Bay Business Awards is a great opportunity for Hawke's Bay businesses to raise awareness of their brand, motivate their staff and celebrate their achievements.
As well as offering recognition for your organisation, the awards provide the opportunity to benchmark and gain expert advice on how you can continue to grow.
- Business Awards Launch: 11th July 2019
- Entries & Nominations open for Business Awards Categories: July 2019
- Entry Closes Friday 13th September 2019, 4 pm
- Judging: October 2019
- Awards Presentation & Celebration evening: Friday 15th November 2019
Register your interest to attend a workshop, set up a one on one meeting or group workshop at your business by contacting the Chamber
2019 Entrant Workshops will be held over the span of the entry process. All workshops will be held subject to minimum numbers.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The PAN PAC Hawke’s Bay Business Awards 2019 are open to any; sole proprietor, partnership, incorporated society, limited liability company, educational institution, local or central government organisation, charitable or not for profit organisation, with its principal place of business based and trading in the Hawke’s Bay region.
- Organisations that are part of a larger national or international organisation must be able to demonstrate that it operates as a separate business unit in Hawke’s Bay
- Business has been operational for one complete financial year
- No existing sponsor can enter the awards
- All entries will be reviewed by the judging panel and shortlist developed for those organisations will be visited on site by the judges
- All entrants must agree to be interviewed by a judging team if requested to do so and this may involve one or two site visits. Site visits are made by judges who work in pairs. Entrants should note that judges’ visits typically take one to two hours
- These awards are regarded as the premier business awards in Hawke’s Bay. Applicants must disclose any issues that may compromise the integrity of the awards or cause their organisation to discontinue in the next year. Those issues may include legal action, law changes, possible loss of funding or other risks
- An organisation may not re-enter an award category that it won in the previous year
- Entrants may be requested to provide a copy of their last two year’s financial accounts during the judging process. It is a condition of entry to meet this request in a timely fashion. (Please note that the review of the accounts is independently made and the detailed material is not made available to other judges)
- The Chief Judge may where appropriate suggest that an entrant change or add to the particular categories entered
- Entrants may use consultants or other outside assistance to help them prepare their entries. However, the providers of any such external assistance are not permitted to be present during any judge’s visits or interviews
- All entries are treated with confidence and each judge is required to sign a confidentiality agreement, which prevents them from divulging any information they gain in relation to entrants
- Judges will not judge any organisations where a conflict of interest arises. Once judging has been completed, with the exception of executive summaries, which may be used for promotional purposes, all entry submissions will be destroyed
- All entrants must agree to take part in publicity that has been organised by the Hawke’s Bay Chamber of Commerce. All entrants are encouraged to attend:
- The PAN PAC Hawke’s Bay Business Award dinner to be held on Friday 15th November 2019. This is a formal event during which the awards ceremony is held and the finalists and winners are announced. All winners are to co-operate with reasonable requests for publicity from the category sponsor
- Decisions of the judges are final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Entries must be received by Friday, 13th September 2019 at the Hawke’s Bay Chamber of Commerce Office, 36 Bridge Street, Ahuriri, Napier
POINTS TO NOTE BEFORE STARTING ON YOUR ENTRY
- Make your submission clear and concise using facts and statistics to illustrate your narrative
- Tables, figures and graphs are encouraged, wherever possible
- Each section of your submission should be within the specified page limit for text, however, charts and graphs are permitted in addition to this limit.
- Quality is more important than quantity and content more important than presentation. While a well-presented submission is expected, neither expensive printing, design or binding nor novelty presentation of entry is sought.
- The business excellence awards are not judged on the basis of the creativity of the presentation
- Any supporting information that you may choose to include with your submissions such as brochures, photographs, video clips, product samples and publicity material will be returned after judging has been completed
- Non-completion of any section in your entry will lessen the overall scoring potential of your submission and therefore the chances of making it through to be a finalist
- Entrants must complete and include a copy of the Official Entry Form (included) when submitting their entry
- The closing date for submissions is 4 pm - Friday 13th September 2019 at the Hawke’s Bay Chamber of Commerce Office 36 Bridge Street, Ahuriri, Napier
- If submissions are hard copies, four copies including all graphs and diagrams are required