Role: NZ Chambers of Commerce Hawke's Bay Board Member
Skills, knowledge and experience required for the role of “Board Member”
- Proven business acumen essential
- Knowledge of the Hawke's Bay region, it’s cultural diversity and an understanding of the issues facing Hawke's Bay business essential
- Good networking skills and business connections essential
- Experience in strategic planning and business management essential
- A track record of success in a relevant area essential
- Sound knowledge of governance principals desirable
Personal attributes required for the role of Board Member
- A passion and commitment to the Hawke's Bay region
- Ability to work as part of a team and make a contribution to the team
- Ability to ensure that the required time is available to effectively carry out the role of Board Member
- Sound judgement and common sense
- The Hawke's Bay Chamber of Commerce Board consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer and Board members. These positions are on a volunteer basis, and available for re-election each year at the AGM.
- The Board meets monthly for a maximum of two hours.
- Board Members must be able to represent the best interests of the whole of the region and its peoples and reside in Hawke's Bay.
- More information on the Chamber is available on www.hawkesbaychamber.co.nz or by phoning Karla Lee, CE on 06 876 5938.